Founder Women Connected & ICF Professional Certified Coach
About the instructor
Hi, I'm Terri, Founder of WomenConnected.net
Let me introduce myself!
One of my missions in life is to help make this world a better place for women whether at home, in the workplace, or finding their unique form of self-expression.
My particular brand of 'medicine' is to hear you, to see you, and reflect this back so that you may see your own light.
And, in turn, so that you might fulfill the highest and most truthful expression of who you are as a human being.
Learning self-love, self-compassion, and trusting your inner guidance system, are a big part of the way that I work with women.
I am a wife, a mom, a feminist, a leader inside and outside of the corporate world, and a creative. I have been down the road of balancing a high-powered career while raising a family, and I am now, finally, exploring the inherent creativity that resides within me and us all.
When we work together, whether through a private coaching relationship, a workshop, or group program, I think of myself as your personal Journey Guide. Together we go on adventures to explore new parts of You.
I am here to bear witness to your life and journey, to support you when life throws the inevitable curveballs, and to offer inquiries that take you just a little deeper - just a little further than you thought possible.
OPENING YOURSELF TO YOUR GIFTS * TRANSFORMING YOUR LIFE AND THE LIVES OF OTHERS * HEALING OUR PLANET
Are you an awakening female leader, coach, entrepreneur, or change-maker?
Are you becoming more conscious and aware of issues that have blocked your dreams for too long and need to change?
Are you bumping up against something inside yourself that is holding you back from realizing all of who you are and all that you have to offer in the world?
Are you ready to learn the deeper truths about yourself and reach for new aspirations and inspirations?
BREAKING THROUGH YOUR INNER GLASS CEILING is a six month private coaching program that becomes a journey into yourself. Here you undergo The Heroine's Journey - a process to realize your true nature, release all that is holding you back, and reclaim your natural gifts and talents. The goal is to help you recognize and reconnect to your authentic self in the midst of your story.
Through the private coaching process, you will discover the myths and stories about women that you have internalized. You will see how these myths have impacted you and even distorted your sense of self worth. You'll realize that you aren't alone in these myths and as you explore the biology of the myths that were handed down to you, you will see a greater connection to all women. Through coaching conversations, exercises, experiments, metaphors, mindfulness, self-compassion, and story-telling, you'll learn to shift the hook these beliefs have on your life. Through our work together, you will:
- CLARIFY your heart's desires
- DISCERN how your Inner Glass Ceiling serves to protect you
- UNDERSTAND that you are part of the great collective of women who are no longer willing to live small
- DECIDE what you might do to live a life that is a more full expression of who you were created to be
I will be your guide on this journey. I have taken this journey and continue to take it as I gain new awarenesses about the contents of my Inner Glass Ceiling template.
Almost everyone has heard of a glass ceiling, the invisible wall many women run into when trying to advance professionally and personally. But, did you know we also harbor an Inner Glass Ceiling, an unconscious mindset that has been handed down to women over the generations. This mindset has been defined by society as what women can and cannot achieve.
We are excited to introduce our new private coaching program, "Breaking Through Your Inner Glass Ceiling" that sits alongside our new curriculum "Breaking Through Your Inner Glass Ceiling". In this 6-month private coaching program, you will delve deeply to lessen feelings of self-doubt, build-up your inner voice, and express your full leadership potential.
As women, we carry within us, "an unconscious template" that has been defined for us, by others, for generations. This template is encoded with what society thinks is possible, impossible, and what is taboo for women. It tells us what feminine qualities are perceived to have value, and which attributes should be discarded.
The rules and expectations for your Inner Glass Ceiling are so far ingrained into your subconscious that you don't even know they're there. We often believe we are doing what we need to do and following a road map for success, when in reality we are often following a template that includes self-imposed limitations, hesitation, second-guessing in pursuing our interests, and sacrificing for others to our own detriment.
- You have a bold, courageous part of yourself that wants to be fully expressed but something is holding you back.
- You have an awareness of old negative habits and want to change them but can't stick with the change.
- You sense that it is more than your external circumstances are holding you back but you can't put your finger on the issue.
- You are ready to give up being "politically correct" in favor of authenticity.
- Your relationships with other women are strained or competitive and you want to shift the energy.
- You are tired of judging and being judged.
- You conflate, shrink, or withdraw when you receive negative feedback.
- You steel yourself in emotional armor so you won't be named "emotional".
- On the outside you appear confident and capable, but on the inside you feel like an "imposter" or fraud.
- You want to make the world a better place and yet your talents are invisible, misunderstood or under utilized.
- You use perfection as a strategy and hold yourself to expectations and standards that are unrealistic and unattainable.
- You model yourself after male role models and cringe when you "act like a girl".
- You dim or even hide your brilliance so that others won't feel intimidated around you.
- You want to remember the girl inside who was fearless and full of life.
- You want to make changes but find yourself without a road map, a mentor, or a female role model to guide you.
The Inner Glass Ceiling template is unconscious and therefore invisible. By the time we were adolescents, we began to realize that there were different rules for girls and boys. These rules were reinforced by our parents, teachers, and the women we observed. They often started with words like "nice girls don't...".
All women have incredible talents and contributions to make in their organizations, families, communities, and the world. But they often get stuck with fear and self-doubt not realizing that it's the template that is causing them to doubt themselves.
There is tremendous pressure on women when we do move outside of these predetermined roles. Tactics like criticism, being blind-sided with negative feedback, talked over at meetings, criticized for being "bossy", called emotional, faced with sexual harassment, and more, causing us to start doubting ourselves. This pressure comes not just from men, but also from women.
These beliefs and behaviors are often limiting and self-sabotaging to women. The unconscious template sabotages your efforts and creates tremendous inner conflict a the same time. It can cause you to hold back, to doubt yourself, and even believe the oppressive messages you receive. If you do not take action to change your own template, the glass ceiling lives not only outside of you, but also within you.
AND HERE'S THE DOUBLE BIND: As carriers of an Inner Glass Ceiling, we also perpetuate in the outer world the very thing we're resisting!
THE HIGH COST TO AVOIDING YOUR INNER GLASS CEILING
- You live with silent feelings of being unworthy and undeserving.
- This unconscious template affects every area of a woman's life. When unaddressed it can result in depression, eating disorders, confusion, and self-doubt.
- The years of repressed emotions behind the template often spout out at the worst possible moments damaging relationships.
- Because the messages in the template push you to perfection, you are vulnerable to going into overdrive and burning out.
- The template dims your self-confidence and can result in not reaching your potential, not sharing your greatest talents.
- The template is designed to keep women separated from one another. We end up seeing other women as competition rather than building a community of women that shares wisdom.
- This template is passed from mother to daughter across the generations.
- Women's lives are so oriented to the people around them, they often live for the wants of others, instead of the life they were given to live.
- A six-month program with 18 hours of private online coaching time with Terri via Zoom +
- Access to a core curriculum for "Breaking Through Your Inner Glass Ceiling" (FIVE MODULES: Internalized Sexism, The Anatomy of Self-Confidence, Unconscious Bias Women Hold Towards Themselves and Other Women, The Downside of People Pleasing, and Emotional Freedom)
- A one-day virtual intensive where you and Terri will work together for 4-6 hours +
- 24/7 email access to Terri +
- Recordings of all your coaching calls +
- Unlimited lifetime access to the program and program materials.
“I have found that women can find it difficult to have relationships that are non-judgmental, authentic and supportive with other women. When they do have those relationships it is often with people who are/have experienced a similar path in life with them and the relationships are more surface than profound. Women connected hits this issue at the core.
Through the design of the program and caring facilitation of Terri, our cohort forged relationships within the first few sessions. Women where sharing things they had not told even their “closest” friends and a special “trust” was born. With all our differences, we connected in a new way. One month I was a buddy with a Buddhist Priest from San Francisco, the next with a Consultant in Utah and the next a recent MBA graduate from London. These relationships supported the foundations of all the work we did, which was very important work but admittedly would not have been as impactful had I just done it alone.
There is just something so powerful about women including other women in their lives in this way and taking this life lesson journey together. I am grateful to Terri for putting this outstanding program together, her fantastic facilitation and all my cohort friends for our new relationships. There is magic when women from different countries, different stages of life and different socio-economic groups come together in this way. It is a real gift that Terri has given us!” --Rosie, A., Director OD
“Terri is a terrific coach and mentor, and her work as a leader of this course brings a powerful addition to her portfolio. Terri brings her years of experience in organizational development and personal development to creating an experience that is meaningful, impactful, and customized to your very own needs. The program provides you with a framework and tools that enable you to continually address areas that you want to personally improve. I'd recommend this program, led by Terri, to anyone who wants to begin a journey of greater self-awareness and personal development.” --Linda H., Physician
“Working with Terri is engaging in honest, open, and meaningful conversations that expand and create a vision of what’s possible. I gave myself a wonderful gift when we started our mastermind, she’s a living proof of the power of women joining together in intentional conversations, supporting each others' goals, and expecting the best of one another.
I’ve heard her facilitating women’s groups and applaud the way she encourages amazing, purpose-seeking women to live the life of their dreams.” --Olimpia Mesa, CEO/Founder at Book to Courses
“I'm so honored to have met Terri! It warms my heart to see how much she cares about people. She has inspired me to go after my dream. She has given me the tools to conquer it, and I can't thank her enough!!! Since her class I have decided to live a life with no regrets! I want to live free, bold and sometimes daring (like King Julian in that picture I sent you :-) I know I'll fall down, I know I'll get hurt, I know sometimes I'll disappoint people, but now I'm OK with that. Because of the values work she taught me, I'm figuring out when it's best to forge ahead and not look back, when it's best to jump in with both feet (or not) and when it's better to say "no" and go another direction." ----Angela H, Author
"I sought out this program at a point in my life where I realized I needed to make a significant change of direction in my life and career. It was time to learn to contribute back to the greater good from my heart, not my head. Terri taught me to look deeply inside myself for the answers, and to trust who I am in my reinvention. Her valuable knowledge, training as a coach, but most of all, her compassion and personal authenticity made this an enriching process of personal growth for me, and allowed me to unhook from so many fears and insecurities that I had been carrying for too long!" --Connie O., University Professor and Consultant
"Terri is the reason I am now enjoying a successful career in the Organizational Development field. Terri was my mentor as I transitioned into a Training Specialist role. She taught me the facilitation skills I use to this day. I would not be where I am today without her guidance and her gentle way of challenging me to push myself to accomplish milestones I didn't even know I could reach." Sandra C., SPR, SHRM-SCP
“Terri has created one of the best online learning platforms I have experienced. She is an excellent coach, facilitator, and learning leader and throughout the course she gently guided us through our personal development journey. The tools and resources she created allowed all of us to have a safe space to do some really deep work. I highly recommend this workshop to anyone that might feel stuck in life or is ready to tackle that self-improvement goal that has proven to be elusive. She is the best!” --Linda D., Leadership Coach
"Terri is a true partner/coach to her clients; providing a customized approach to each individual using her extensive tool set from 20 plus years of professional experience. She works effectively with executives at all levels, is able to convey “hard to hear” information and her insight and empathy enables her to identify targeted actions that get results. Coaching is also her passion and her commitment to other's success creates trust even in the "tough" situations." -- Cynthia A., Performance Consultant
"Within minutes of engaging with Terri, I knew she would be a great personal advocate while pushing me to advance my leadership skills and career objectives. Terri has a great capacity to understand what is required to motivate and guide you in the moment, while coaxing you to expand your own voice. She can tap into a wide range of techniques, some honed over years of experience in corporate settings, and some acquired from her own experiences. I would highly recommend Terri to anyone!" --Sandy S., Technology Manager
"Terri is a premier trainer, facilitator, coach, and designer. One of Terri’s greatest strengths is her ability to truly listen and adapt "in the moment" to ensure superlative quality. I have known Terri for over fifteen years. She is always growing professionally and personally. She is “the gold standard’ in learning and development." Holly C., CEO Holly Church Communications